Ross Kelly, CBS Local Sports
If you’re like me, you saw the above picture and wondered, “Why is Cam Newton putting a sliced cucumber over his eye?” Well, this past week was the Panthers’ bye and doesn’t every QB visit a spa and exfoliate during their bye week?
Perhaps not, but this did inspire the question: Which NFL quarterbacks would you least expect to see in a spa? I’d vote for Big Ben or Jameis.
But back to Newton. He was actually visiting the least-famous Manning Brother and made an appearance on “The Cooper Manning Hour” which airs on FOX NFL Kickoff:
Among things we learned:
– Cam gets manicures and pedicures weekly during the NFL season
– Cooper brought his own cucumbers to the spa
– Cam and Cooper are “athletes”, “two studs”, and “two SEC studs”
– Cooper things Ryan Gosling of The Notebook is a great actor…and a handsome man
– Rex Ryan had to be jealous of the scene
– Cooper went commando underneath his robe
– Cam has a great sense of humor
– Cooper may actually be the funniest Manning of them all
Cam and the Panthers will visit the 12th Man up in Seattle next week. After losing to the Bengals, an infuriated Seahawks defense may send Cam to the masseuse next week.