By Chris Kral
For U.S. soccer fans, the defeat was crushing. After a brilliant run in the ‘Group of Death’ and advancing to the Round of 16, the U.S. team was eliminated from the World Cup.
Belgium defeated the U.S. 2-1 in full time and deflated the American hype and furor around our new favorite sport-of-the-moment. Although we won’t see the USMNT contend for the title, good times and camaraderie were had by all.
Here’s 9 things U.S. fans will miss after their World Cup exit:
9. Viewing Parties – Soldier Field in ChicagoBecause we love parties. #America
8. Jurgen Being JurgenNeed I say more?
7. Pitch InvadersThis guy…who pretended to be handicapped to get closer to the pitch.
6. USMNT’s official ‘excuse’ to miss work letter
Legit. This worked for everyone, right?
5. Character fans…Teddy Roosevelt?A+ for creativity.
4. The hype #IBelieve
One Nation, united by a hashtag…
3. Optimism any time Clint Dempsey had the ballIn Dempsey We Trust.
2. Tim Howard
Here’s a video compilation of Tim Howard’s record 16 saves in the USA-Belgium match:
1. Unity of a NationBecause everyone loves being around people rooting for the same team.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
[display-posts category=”sports” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4″]