- Keidel: Falcons-Patriots Super Bowl Rematch Not A Preview The Falcons-Patriots game Sunday is a Super Bowl rematch, but it doesn't feel like a preview, because neither team is that good.
- Massarotti: Yankee Stadium Comes Alive The Yankees have beat the Astros in three straight ALCS games at home, and the renewed energy at Yankee Stadium has a lot to do with it.
- Bernstein: Welcome Back, NBA Another NBA season finds Western Conference teams taking aim at the Warriors and Eastern Conference teams gunning for LeBron and the Cavs.
- Keidel: Packers Can't Overcome Aaron Rodgers Injury Aaron Rodgers was injured on a hard, clean tackle, possibly ending his season the Green Bay Packers' playoff hopes.
- Keidel: Who Thought Pats, Jets Would Battle For AFC East Lead? The Patriots and Jets share the AFC East lead with the Bills five games into the NFL season. Will Sunday's matchup actually be competitive?
- Pivotal Season For 76ers' Joel Embiid Philadelphia 76ers' Joel Embiid has obvious NBA star potential, and a new $148 million contract extension. But can he avoid injury?
- Bernstein: Stop Talking To Mike Ditka Mike Ditka's comments range from banal sales pitches to racist and confused ramblings. Can we just stop asking for his opinion?
- Massarotti: Will Cowboys Stand, Kneel Or Roll Over? Jerry Jones threatened to bench any player who doesn't stand for the national anthem, just as underperforming Cowboys go into a bye week.
- Keidel: Is Big Ben Done? Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger, looking defeated after his dismal game against the Jaguars, questioned his ability to still play football.
- Keidel: Can Packers Overcome Injuries Against Cowboys? With all of Green Bay's injuries, Cowboys vs. Packers kind of feels like Cowboys vs. Aaron Rodgers, which is still a great matchup.
- Bernstein: Good For Sean Payton Sean Payton, head coach of a Saints team that lost a player to gun violence last year, commented after the Las Vegas mass shooting.
- Massarotti: The Yankees Are Back The Yankees are built for the long run, even if this playoff run ends quickly, and MLB is better for it.
- Keidel: Rams, Cowboys Not The Teams We Expected The Los Angeles Rams beat the Dallas Cowboys, showing they may no longer be an NFL doormat.
- Keidel: Steelers-Ravens Will Help Define Season The Steelers-Ravens Week 4 matchup of AFC North rivals is as close to season-defining as a September NFL game can be.
- Bernstein: What Is The NCAA Prepared To Do? With the unfolding fraud and bribery scandal in major college basketball recruiting, the NCAA must deal with a not-so-secret shadow economy.